SATURDAY DAY 16 (Day 10 of the Prayer/ Fasting)
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 7:13
Let us start today’s reflection with the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 128:3-4 “Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table….”
Dear friends in Christ, today the Holy Spirit directs our hearts to (our) children. The fruit of your womb are your children, and God is saying “blessed is the fruit of your womb” that is, blessed are your children, for “your children will be like olive shoots around your table.” I have met several parents lamenting the situations and behaviours of their children. In God’s design children are gifts of joy not sources of sorrow. Although many of us parents and guardians have contributed to the present sorrowful conditions of our children, in terms of attitude, behaviour, financial crisis, etc. whatever the situation maybe regarding your children, all hope is not lost. Like St. Monica of old, we must go on our knees in prevailing prayer to enforce God’s will to manifest in the lives our children.
Brethren, you may have a child, whose behaviour has gone out of hand, whose is now a cultist, fraud star, prostitute, imprisoned, demonically possessed, atheist. In fact it is even possible that he/she fights you, out of anger you may have cursed him/her for obvious reasons. The Holy Spirit is revealing to us that the will of God is to bless the fruit of our womb. We must have faith in God’s plan for our children; a miracle of conversion for our children shall be witnessed this year in the name of Jesus. Hebrew 11:23 says “It was faith that made the parents of Moses hide him for three months after he was born. They saw that he was a beautiful child, and they were not afraid to disobey the king’s order.” Parent must have faith in the beautiful destinies of their children. No matter how a child is now, parent must never lose faith in God, for God is capable of turning things around for good. This faith will propel us to insist in prayer and actions to bless and not to curse, to be hopeful and not to fear, to welcome and not to drive away, to invest in our children. It is this faith that Mary had in the divine destiny of Jesus her son and saviour, which enable her to see thing different from the natural perspective. Mary understood Jesus’ divine destiny in the light of faith. It is this faith that is needed as we approach the throne of God concerning our children today. All I am saying today is, Oh Lord my children must be blessings unto me, unto the church, unto the society in the name of Jesus-Amen.
- Thank the Lord for the gift of your children
- Father, in humility I come to you, asking for mercy and pardon for my sins and those of my children/ younger ones. Forgive me for the times I have failed in my responsibilities. Do not let my children/younger ones to suffer because of my sins. Holy Spirit, transform me and all my children/ younger ones into your living temples of holiness and glory in the name of Jesus.
- I break and reject every negative foundation that may want to disturb my children now or in the future in the name of Jesus
- The presence of God will lighten the path of all my children in the name of Jesus
- My children shall be for extraordinary signs and wonders in every area of their lives in the name of Jesus
- Every negative term, imagination or label over the life of any of my children is removed and nullified by the Blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus
- Every power sustaining any form of limitation over any of my children, be broken and limitations, be removed in the name of Jesus
- O God! Reveal and revoke every negative agenda of the enemy concerning any of my children in the name of Jesus
- Mighty God! Bring to pass Your good and glorious plans for the life of my children in the name of Jesus
- That divine programme of Yours for my children before they were born, Father, bring it to pass in the name of Jesus
- O God, use my children to establish Your righteousness on earth, in the name of Jesus
- O Mighty God, make my children mighty upon the earth, in the name of Jesus
- Continuous flourishing and divine establishment shall be the portion of my children in the name of Jesus
- O God, from every attack and every evil, deliver my children indeed and totally in the name of Jesus
- O God, the way You provided Goshen for the children of Israel, provide a place of refuge, rest and flourishing for my children in every area of their lives in the name of Jesus
- I come against every type of negative and evil influence over my children in the name of Jesus
Exercise: Always stand in the gap of prayer for your children from NOW on.
Memory Verse: Genesis 18:19