(Day 19 of the 21-day Fasting and Prayers)
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 23:12
Beloved, every plan of Satan concerning us has been laid bare. There shall be no hiding place for Lucifer. It has pleased the Holy Spirit on this 19th day to direct our hearts and minds to evil altars. Let us therefore rise in prayer to pull down these evil altars established for our sake. God’s directive concerning destroying evil altars is so clear and compulsory for every child of God. Deuteronomy 7:5 says, “Kindled against you and He will quickly destroy you. But thus you shall do to them: you shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire.” Exodus 23:24 says, “You shall not worship their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their deeds; but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their sacred pillars in pieces.” Exodus 34:13 repeats same: “But rather, you are to tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and cut down their Asherim.” In Deuteronomy 12:3 the scripture also says, “You shall tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and burn their Asherim with fire, and you shall cut down the engraved images of their gods and obliterate their name from that place.” Judges 6:25 says, “That same night the Lord said to him, ‘Take the second bull from your father’s herd, the one seven years old. Tear down your father’s altar of Baal and cut down the Asherah pole beside it’.” Dear friends, part of the spiritual sanitization of our family is the destruction of evil altars. Evil altars are the stronghold of demons. Matthew Henry’s Commentary said, “Here is a strict caution against all fellowship with idols and idolaters. Those who are in communion with God must have no communication with the unfruitful works of darkness.” Gideon must not think it enough not to worship at that altar; he must throw it down, and raise a new altar for the Living God. It was needful to destroy the demonic stronghold within his family before he made war on Midian, the enemies outside. There is a compulsory war that each child of God must fight; it is the war against evil altars of every type, within the family and outside the family. Evil and wicked forces are setting up evil altars in families, villages, towns, cities, nations and even internationally, against the progress of God’s people and God’s work. Balaam told Balak to build seven evil altars to enable him to carry out his evil plot against Israel. (Num 23:1-2, 13-14, 27-30.) These evil altars must be destroyed. In Jeremiah 1:10, God instructed Jeremiah to destroy all evil things. Uproot, overthrow and tear down. He asked him to build and plant good things in his life and in Israel. Stand up, therefore, and declare that every evil altar must be destroyed in your life, family, village, town, city and nation. It is operation, wipe out evil altars: Altars of Failure, Madness, Confusion Curses, Evil Covenant, Witchcraft, False Prophets, Marine Kingdom, Affliction, Sicknesses, Poverty, Marital Failure, Barrenness, Depression, Deception, Cultic Altars, etc., must be pulled down in the name of Jesus.
MASS: GREEN/RED/WHITE Heb 9: 15. 24-28; Ps 98: 1. 2-3ab. 3cd-4. 5-6; Mk 3: 22-30 DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE LEGAL PROTECTION OF UNBORN CHILDREN M
- Confess your sins, and cover yourself and your family with the Blood of
- Denouncing the occult: “Heavenly Father, in the name of Your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, I denounce Satan and all his works, all forms of witchcraft, the use of divination, the practice of sorcery, dealing with mediums, channeling with spirit guides, the Ouija board, astrology, Reiki, hypnosis, automatic writing, horoscopes, numerology, all types of fortune telling, palm readings, levitation, and anything else associated with the occult or Satan. I renounce and forsake my involvement in all of them in the name of Jesus Christ who came in the flesh, and by the power of His Cross, His Blood and His Resurrection. I break their hold over my life. I confess all these sins before You and ask You to cleanse and forgive me. I forgive myself and ask You Lord Jesus to enter my heart and create in me the kind of person You have intended me to be. Amen.
- Every evil priest ministering against me at the evil altar, receive Fire and be rendered ineffective, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil altar of shame raised against my life, in the physical and in the spiritual, Holy Father, Righteous Father, let your Fire destroy them in the mighty name of Jesus. Let the altar of the Blood of Jesus consume them, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Every altar of poverty raised against my life, catch fire and be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- Every altar of witchcraft, sudden death, stagnation, late marriage, unfruitfulness raised against my family, catch fire now in the name of Jesus.
Exercise: Pray to be part of the Round-off Activities starting Wed. 25th to Friday 27th Jan. 2017 at the National Stadium, Lagos and CCRN Camp, Aghalokpe near Warri.
Meditation: Jeremiah 1:10