WEDNESDAY DAY 20 (Day 13 of the Prayer/Fasting)
Scripture Reading: 1 Samuel 17: 45-48
We are all involved in spiritual warfare with demonic forces. Have you met some ‘religious’ people who don’t believe in the existence of demons? In 1975 the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship issued a document called ‘Christian Faith and Demonology’. It explained the Church’s teaching on the subject. This document quotes Pope Paul VI’s teaching regarding the devil: “It is a departure from the picture provided by biblical and Church teaching to refuse to acknowledge the devil’s existence; to regard him as . . . a conceptual and fanciful personification of the unknown causes of our misfortunes. . . . Exegetes and theologians should not be deaf to this warning.” Brethren, there are spiritual terrorists (demons) terrorizing our wellbeing, our progress, our faith. These forces of evil terrorize God’s people as individuals and groups. They are the Goliaths, mountains and ancient iron gates of our time. As it was in the days of David so it is in our time, “On hearing the Philistine’s words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified” (1 Sam 17:11 NIV). In the same manner, many families, soldiers of Christ are intimidated and frightened by these Goliaths, mountains and ancient gates. Child of God, prepare for an aggressive and offensive spiritual battle for the remaining days of our fasting programme. You have to confront all that confront you from today on wards. St. Paul said, “For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places,” (Eph. 6:12).TIME HAS COME FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD TO LEAVE LODEBAR (the abode of pain and suffering). IT IS TIME TO RECLAIM YOUR LOST GROUNDS AND GLORY. YOU WILL SOW A SEED AND REAP OF IT.; BUILD A HOUSE AND ACCUPY IT.
Today, therefore, we must rise like little David of old on the mighty and power of the God of Israel to challenge every Goliath terrifying our lives, that of our family, businesses, education, health etc. We build our hope of victory on 1 Sam 17:37 that “The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” Hear this, all you Goliath terrifying my life: “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands” (1 Sam 17:45-47).
- Begin your prayer with Spirit filled praise and worship
- Let every organized strategies of Goliath against my life and family be dismantled by the fire of the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus
- By the Power in the blood of Jesus, I come against every demonic weapons against me, be powerless in my life in the name of Jesus
- Let every partners in demonic business working against my advancement, receive commotion and be disorganized in the name of Jesus
- I command every demonic hostile opposition to my progress to be blindfolded in the name of Jesus
- I break every spell, curse and enchantment of stagnation and timidity in the name of Jesus
- Every spirit assigned to stop my progress and expansion be rendered aimless and powerless in the name of Jesus
- I paralyze ancient gates of evil erected against me be destroyed by the fire of the Holy Ghost.
- Just David released Mephibosheth from the Lodebar, the abode of slavery, pain and suffering so I release all my hidden virtues and blessings in the name of Jesus.
- From now on I shall shine like the stars lighting up the skies in Jesus name.
- Let every evil wall of limitation built by the evil ones in my life be destroy in the name of Jesus
Exercise: Pray the 2016 Prophetic Declaration upon yourself today.
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 20:1