(Day 2 of 5-Day Mid-Year Fasting & Prayer)
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 11:3
St. Paul in 2 Corinthians 4:13, says, “It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ Since we have that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak” (NIV). Dear child of God, we do not pray just to fulfill a religious obligation, we pray because we know that God answers prayers. We do not just fast and pray because fasting has some health benefit or because we want to exercise our mouth, we fast and pray because we want to deepen our intimacy with God, and we know when God is involve, nothing remains impossible. Fasting, prayer and meditating on God’s word deepens faith, Fasting and prayer positions us for the miraculous. So without faith no need for prayers. To experience the release of miracles into our lives, we need to develop faith for the Miraculous. If we must witness great miracles in our lives and situations, we must cultivate and build up faith for the miraculous. I believe this is a level of faith that God is challenging His children to operate in, because this is the level of faith where nothing is seen as impossible.
Brethren the truth is that there are a lot of problems that have defiled all known human solutions. In truth a lot of persons are in situations which only God can solve. Some cases demand only miracle, that is, supernatural intervention to overcome them. There are a lot of wombs which only God can open, there are a lot of sicknesses which only Jesus can cure, there are a lot of oppression and captivity which only the Son of Man can liberate one from; indeed there are countless numbers of problems that can be solved only through the miraculous intervention of God. So as we fast and pray we must have faith for the miraculous. Beloved if God heals you, you need faith to notice it and appropriate it into your life. This faith for the miraculous is birthed through acts of obedience to God’s word and through persistent prayer . This is when God challenges us to believe in that which we cannot see, to give out of that which we do not yet have, to confess that for which there is no tangible evidence, and to believe that for which no logic exists. At this level the only certainty is God’s word, this kind of faith operates without knowing how God will bring His miraculous interventions to pass. When God speaks it, it instantly is created. It becomes a reality in the spirit world. Your faith (obedience) simply draws that reality into your world. This is the faith you need to have as we knock at the door of Heaven during this period of fasting and prayer. Now, let us pray.
MASS: GREEN/WHITE Gen 13:2.5-18; Ps 15:2-3a.3bc-4ab.5 (R.1a); Accl. Jn 8:12; Mt 7:6.12-14 ST. CYRIL OF ALEXANDRIA, B.D (Opt. Mem)
1. Spend quality time in praise and worship
2. In faith I overcome ungodly worry, anxiety, heaviness of spirit, sorrow, depression, lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh in the name of Jesus
3. By faith I have overcome all the tricks of the devil, for it is written, greater is Jesus Christ that dwells in me than the devil that is in the world.
4. I ask that the word of God I have confessed begin to transform me to the original image God designed for me.
5. I declare the remaining part of the year, moments of complete victory over all evil forces and negative circumstances in the name of Jesus
6. I prophesy and declare that I shall not lose any good thing in the remaining part of this year in the name of Jesus.
7. O God, turn every report of impossibility from the doctor to possibility in the powerful name of Jesus
8. I use the weapon of the Fire of the Holy Ghost to clear every blockage on my way in the remaining part of the year in the name of Jesus.
9. O lightening thunder of the Holy Ghost, arise, strike terror and fear into the camp of my enemies, in the name of Jesus.
10. I take authority over all enchantments and divination and evil wishes that have been sent against me, in the name of Jesus
11. I take authority over all enchantments and divination and evil wishes that have passed down my generational blood line, in the name of Jesus
Exercise: Take the Rosary of Liberation
Meditation: Romans 4:18-22