(Day 16 of the 21-day Fasting and Prayers)
Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 3:19–20
When Jesus died on the Cross, He journeyed into the underworld. He descended into the “world of the spirit”, the world of human ancestors – who had gone before Him. Dear soldiers of the Lord, today we consciously ask Jesus to journey into our family history. Today we invoke Jesus into our family foundation/root; let Jesus descend in His redemptive power into our family lineage to clear all unresolved crisis in our family lineage/root, to redeem it from the power of evil. Catechism of the Catholic Church number 634-635 says, “The gospel was preached even to the dead.” The descent into hell brings the Gospel message of salvation to complete fulfilment. This is the last phase of Jesus’ messianic mission, a phase which is condensed in time but vast in its real significance: the spread of Christ’s redemptive work to all men of all times and all places, for all who are saved have been made sharers in the redemption. Christ went down into the depths of death so that “the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.” Jesus, “the Author of life”, by dying destroyed “him who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and [delivered] all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong bondage.” Henceforth the risen Christ holds “the keys of Death and Hades”, so that “at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.”
Today by the power of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, every foundational bondage in my family lineage working against God’s purpose for me is destroyed in the name of Jesus. Every disobedience of my ancestors or any obedience that is working against me, be destroyed by the Fire of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus. In any way my ancestors have handed the key of authority and control of my family over to evil powers, where ever they may be, in the grave beneath or on the earth or above, by the power of the death and resurrection of Jesus and by the Fire of the Holy Ghost, release that key now to Jesus in the name of Jesus. Every of my potentials, talents, fortunes, and blessings that are held by the forces of the underworld, be liberated from their stronghold now, and come out, in the name of Jesus.
Brethren it is very important for any child of God to have knowledge of foundations. Without this knowledge, many battles will be lost and the believer will not live to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 11:3 asked “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” Job 38:6. Let us know that every foundation has a cornerstone. What is the corner stone of your family foundation? Child of God, let us call on the Lord and say: Arise, O my God and take control of my foundation in the name of Jesus.
MASS: GREEN/RED/RED Heb 8: 6-13; Ps 85: 8 and 10. 11-12. 13-14; Mk 3: 13-19 FABIAN, PP, MT/ SEBASTIAN, MT
- I release the Fire of God against foundations that speak against my life in Jesus name.
- I rebuke foundations that stand against my life and lay them bare in Jesus name.
- I release a mighty earthquake upon every foundation that speaks against my family, my business, my health in Jesus name.
- I run to You O Lord that You may hide me in the foundation of the righteous in the name of Jesus.
- I throw down the walls of wicked foundations in Jesus name. O Lord, throw them down in Your anger in Jesus name.
- I overcome every evil foundation today from my father’s house with the Blood of Jesus.
- I silence every evil voice against my life coming from wicked foundations in Jesus name.
- I destroy every fastening of wicked foundations in my life with the Fire of the living God.
- Hear the word of God, you foundations that oppose me, be thrown into the sea and be destroyed in Jesus name.
- O Lord, lay the foundations of my life/marriage/ family/children/ church/ village, etc., in the name of Jesus.
- I uproot every mountain that stands before me from its foundations in Jesus name.
- Every foundation laid for sudden and unprepared death, be destroyed by Fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every foundation laid for seasonal sickness such as madness, be destroyed by Fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every foundation laid for poverty and stagnation, be destroyed by Fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every foundation of delay in marriage, child birth and drunkenness, be destroyed by Fire in the name of Jesus.
- Take the “Prayer of Healing Your Family Lineage”.
Exercise: Pray to be part of the Round-off activities at the National Stadium in Lagos and at the CCRN Camp Centre at Aghalokpe near Warri. Also remember the exercises already given on day 15th reflection
Meditation: Job 38:6