Scripture Reading: Romans 10:17
Yesterday we reflected on the logic of faith, which is; believing is seeing. Faith is the grace to see the possibility in impossible, through the perspective of God. As the scripture says, “With God all things are possible” (Matt 19:26). Faith is a deep seated conviction gotten from the word of God that God can do what he says he would do. Our scriptural reference today says; “So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ.” With proper understanding, the word of God generates genuine faith. The word of God propels us to move from just believing to acting. The word of God moves us to give accent to what it says, propels us to take corresponding action which leads to manifestation of the power of God. Nothing is impossible for a man of faith (Matt. 17: 20). Faith for all possibilities is determined by our degree of unwavering grip we have on God’s word. The one who unrelentingly and doggedly hold unto the Word, will see more impossibilities becoming possible, than the one who does not. This explains the connection between miracle and faith, faith and the word of God. The hearing of the word of God brings faith alive and makes it a living experience.
Dear friends in Christ, the reality of Isaac in the life of Abraham was as a result of his doggedness in holding unto the Word which he heard from God. Romans 4:19-21 “Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead — since he was about a hundred years old — and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised”, (NIV). It was by unwavering faith that Abraham obtained the reality of the promises of God. As we undertake this year’s 21 days fasting programme the Holy Spirit is presenting Abraham as the living standard of faith for all of us who are participating. If we hold unto the Word of God which we are hearing concerning our conditions and situations, we will obtain the promises of God as Abraham obtained the promise of Isaac.
Share this testimony with me: “……..The last one year has been a period of deep crisis for us in the family as we have to cope with serious health issues……..God manifested Himself specially to me during this difficult period through the prayers and reflections in the Daily Strength Devotional. I have found so much support and comfort since I began using it in January 2015………Please kindly help me thank God and tell of His healing in my life. I feel very much better and my last medical investigations were not as scary as the previous ones. My doctor was less alarmed, which for me was a good sign. At least I feel good enough to embark on a three month spiritual course in UK.”
Beloved, there is nothing impossible for as many as hold on tenaciously to the word of God. Jesus Christ is the WORD and whoever holds and believes in the WORD holds and believes in Him. Hear this, “As for God his ways are perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those who trust in him.” (Ps. 18:30 KJV). During these 21 days of prayers, key into every spoken word of God so that you can share of the transforming power.
- Bless the name of the Lord for this wonderful opportunity to partake in this 21 days fasting programme
- Open your heart and confess to God your sins of unbelief, lack patient, etc.
- Father by the power of your word I receive the faith for all possibilities in the name of Jesus
- Lord, when it seems that you are absent, in times of crisis, let my faith vex stronger in the name of Jesus
- Every mountain that hinders me from hearing the word of God, be removed in the name of Jesus
- By the power of your presence Oh God, let every mountain melt in the name of Jesus
- Father I believe in your word, I am what it says I am, I have what your word says I have, I can do all your word says I can do in the name of Jesus
- Lord revive and increase my hunger and thirst for your Word in the name of Jesus
- Father increase my faith in the name of Jesus
- Take the prayer of Divine Mercy with it Rosary
Exercise: Let your actions correspond to what you believe.
Memory Verses: Matthew 17:20