Scripture Reading: Ezekiel 22:30
The saddest verse in this passage is found in verse 30 of chapter 22. God sought for a man…and found none. God could not find one man who was willing to make a difference in Judah. He couldn’t find one that would stand in the gap, filling in the hedge, so that judgment could be spared. Where were the men who could have made a difference?
Where are the men today that are wholly devoted to God? Where are the men today who will sell out completely for the cause of Christ? Where are the men today that will make a difference? God can save your community today because you (or I) are standing in the gap? God is looking for some men today who are willing to live for Him: to stand boldly in a wicked generation for the Truth and shine the Light of the Lord Jesus Christ. Will you be that man?
Certainly, Ezekiel could have complained that he had been given unrealistic assignments. But God told Ezekiel that he was just responsible to deliver the message he had been given. That was his focus. However, if he failed to deliver God’s messages, he would be considered liable (Ezekiel 3:17-21). In similar ways, each of us is called by God. We are given specific resources and specific assignments. Our task is to be obedient – not to complain or worry, but to be faithful carrying out our responsibilities. We are to be good stewards. Remember, your responsibility is to be a good steward of the resources you have been given. Fulfil the assignments God has given you. Don’t complain or worry, but stay faithful. Commit the results to Him.
No one was found who was prepared to live differently, no one was found who would pray for God’s people. Will God find those among us who will rebuild the wall by living and acting differently? Will God find among us those who will stand in the gap by praying? Will He find you ready, willing and able when He looks for someone in your family or community?
MASS: GREEN 3 Jn 5-8; Ps 112:1b-2.3-4.5-6(R.1b); Accl 2 Thess 2:14; Gospel Lk 18:1-8
1. Father, help me to stay faithful with the assignments You have given me. I entrust the results to You
2. Father, I pray for fellow believers who are weak spiritually, that they will be strengthened with might by the Holy Spirit.
3. Lord, I pray for my family and community that your truth and power will reign supreme and that your light will dispel every darkness.
4. O Lord God of mercy and power, may it please You to make DSD Team and all her Users men and women who are empowered by Your Spirit to stand the gap at all times in the Name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.
5. May it please You O God of knowledge to position DSD as a daily devotional which lifts the spirit of her Users to You daily.
Exercise: Will you be that man?
Meditation: Psalm 106:23