SATURDAY DAY 14
(Day 10 of the 21-day Fasting and Prayers)
Scriptural Reading: Isaiah 44:3-4
One faithful morning my phone rang, as I picked the call, what I heard was “What shall I do with my disobedient children? I am a widow with three sons. None of them listens to me. They are already into drugs and I am in pains. Whenever I caution them they threaten to beat me up. I am scared that they may strangulate me one day.” A lot of parents are disappointed with the behavior of their children. Remember that while God has a perfect plan for our children’s lives, Satan has a plan for them too. Satan’s plan is to destroy them, and tries to employ any means possible to do so through drugs, sex, alcohol, rebellion, accidents, diseases and so on. But he won’t be able to successfully use any of those things if his power has been reduced by prayer.
Omartian says, “The battle for our children’s lives is waged on our knees. When we don’t pray, it’s like sitting on the sidelines watching our children in a war zone getting shot at from every angle. When we do pray, we’re in the battle alongside them, appropriating God’s power on their behalf. If we also declare the Word of God in our prayers, then we wield a powerful weapon against which no enemy can prevail.” When my children are being attacked, I do not want to spend my time worrying – I want to spend it praying on their behalf! As often as possible, pray blessings upon your children or grandchildren in their presence. I place my hand on my youngest son each night and pray, “David, may the Lord bless and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26) Anthony is 18 years old, and if I forget to bless him each night, he reminds me! I also pray this blessing for him when he is away: “Father, please bless and keep David. Make Your precious face shine upon him and be gracious to him; turn Your face to him and give him peace.” Now I am speaking directly to God on my child’s behalf.
Beloved, no matter how difficult your child/children are or are becoming, never lose faith in God’s plan for them. God has made it abundantly clear in Scripture that He wants to bless our children and descendants. Isaiah 54:13 says, “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” Pray this. “O Lord, You have promised that all my children shall be taught by You. Please do this. Please reveal Yourself to all my children, and save them. Please fill my children with Your great peace in the name of Jesus.” No matter how your kids are doing, keep praying for them. Never give up. God has made it abundantly clear that He wants to save and spiritually prosper them. As a parent, you will become a first-line intercessor for your children. Take the prayers below seriously in faith. Mention their names as you pray for them. For the ones around you, anoint them with oil blessed by a Catholic Priest.
MASS: GREEN/WHITE Heb 4: 12-16; Ps 19: 8. 9. 10. 15; Mk 2: 13-17 BVM
- Thank the Lord for the lives of your children and grandchildren.
- Ask God for mercy and pardon for them.
- Father, according to Your word in Isaiah 59:21, I pray Father, You have promised that Your Spirit and Your word would never depart from me or my children or their children. Please save each one of my children and grandchildren and descendants and fill each one with Your Spirit. And please cause each one to love and delight in Your word in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, please establish my children and descendants before You. Cause each one to follow You wholeheartedly as disciples all the days of their lives in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree in Jesus name that my children will not be a source of affliction, but testimonies to me by God’s grace.
- I decree that no generational curse shall have any effect upon my children in Jesus name.
- Thou weapon of darkness targeted against the destiny of my child/children, die by Fire in Jesus name.
- Arrows of destruction in the destiny of my children, come out and die in Jesus name.
- You satanic power in the body of my children (name), come out and die in Jesus name.
- You evil society hosting my children at midnight hour scatter and die in Jesus name.
- You mad spirit and all demonically inspired diseases assigned to the lives of my children, be wiped off by the BLOOD of Jesus in Jesus name.
Exercise: Be part of the DSD Charity and Evangelical outreach programs by sowing your seed of N1,050 into any of the DSD bank accounts if you are yet to do so.
Meditation: Psalms 127:3