THE FEAST OF THE HOLY FAMILY
Scripture Readings:Luke 1:26-38
Today the church calls us to reflect on the Holy Family of Nazareth. The Holy family is made up of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Celebrated each year on the Sunday after Christmas, the Feast of the Holy Family is a perfect time to reflect upon this holy model of love and unity. St. Pope John Paul 11 talking to a crowd, said, “For every believer, and especially for Christian families, the humble dwelling place in Nazareth is an authentic school of the Gospel. Here we admire, put into practice, the divine plan to make the family an intimate community of life and love; here we learn that every Christian family is called to be a small “domestic church” that must shine with the gospel virtues. Recollection and prayer, mutual understanding and respect, personal discipline and community asceticism and a spirit of sacrifice, work and solidarity are typical features that make the family of Nazareth a model for every home”.
What is the situation of things in your family? is there love, is there peace, is there unity, is there understanding, do members care for each other? This Christmas season is most apt time for family reunions and celebrations. May God keep your family safe in the hollow of His Hands-Amen.
MASS: WHITE: Sir 3: 2-6. 12-14; Ps 128: 1-2. 3.4-5 (R. 1); Col 3: 12-21; Lk 2: 22-40(Or shorter form:Lk 2:39-40)HOLY FAMILY (FEAST)
1. JESUS, Son of God and Son of Mary, bless my family. Graciously inspire in us the unity, peace, and mutual love that you found in your own family in the little town of Nazareth in Jesus name.
2. MARY, Mother of Jesus and Our Mother, through your intercession and help may our families become holy and faithful to God’s expectations on families. Help us to remain close to your Son, Jesus, in all our sorrows and joys. Amen.
3. JOSEPH, Foster-father to Jesus, guardian and spouse of Mary, through your intercessions may our families be safe from harm. Help us in all times of discouragement or anxiety. In Jesus name. Amen.
4. HOLY FAMILY OF NAZARETH, make our family one with you. Help us to be instruments of peace. Grant that love, strengthened by grace, may prove mightier than all the weaknesses and trials through which our families sometimes pass. May we always have God at the centre of our hearts and homes until we all are one family, happy and at peace in our true home with you. Amen.
5. Heavenly Father, I bring every member of my family before You, praying for peace in the family. Bless them spiritually so that they will hunger and thirst after You and Your righteousness and they shall be filled. Bless them financially, guard them under Your wings. Protect them against all evil, cover them with Your Precious Blood, wash them white as snow in the name of Jesus.
6. Lord, on the 2nd of January 2018 I will be embarking on a 21-day fasting and prayers, Daddy, help me to be faithful to it in Jesus name.
Exercise: Take seriously the Rosary of Liberation for your family.