Scripture Reading: Genesis 18:1-14
What is your response to the theme question of today’s reflection? Our answer to this question will reveal our estimation of God’s power and the extent of our faith in God. These days, many of us are discouraged, despondent and filled with doubt. This ought not to be, for discouragement always comes from the Devil, despondency paralyses us from useful service and doubt dishonours the Lord. The question, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?’ was asked, in Genesis 15:1-6; 17:1-5; 15-19; 18:1-14; 21:1-8. When Abraham was One Hundred years old and Sarah was Ninety. Humanly speaking, it was impossible for Sarah to bear a child. At first, Abraham laughed at the idea (17:17), Sarah laughed too (18:12) – the Lord Himself asked them directly, ‘Is anything too hard for the Lord’?.
I don’t know what challenges and troubles you are battling with. I don’t know the stubborn case that have refused to give way to any solution. Today God is asking you and me the same question he asked Abraham, “Is anything too hard for the Lord’?
Child of God, there is no PROMISE too hard for the Lord to fulfil, there is no PRAYER too hard for the Lord to answer. There is no PROBLEM too hard for the Lord to solve. If you have a problem which you have tried to solve by yourself but have failed, ask the Lord to help you. He can and He will perform a miracle for you. He is a miracle-working God. Nothing is too hard for Him.
Remember Numbers 23:19 says “God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?” Hebrews 16:8 tells us “…it is impossible for God to lie” in Genesis 28:15 God is saying to you even now “Look, I am with you, and I will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
MASS: WHITE Gen 2:18-24; Ps 128:1-2.3.4-5.6 (R.5); Heb 2:9-11; Accl: 1 Jn 4:12; Gospel. Mk 10:2-16 TWENTY SEVENTH SUNDAY OF THE YEAR (B)
1. I dismiss and disband from my heart every thought, image or picture of unbelief that may hinder the answers to my prayers, in the Name of Jesus the Lord
2. I reject every spirit of doubt, fear and discouragement, in the Name of Jesus the Lord
3. I cancel all forms delays to the manifestations of my miracles, in the Name of Jesus the Lord
4. I release the angels of the Lord to roll away every stone of hindrance to the manifestation of my breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus the Lord”
5. O Lord, hasten Your word to perform miracles in every part of my life in the Name of Jesus the Lord.
Exercise: Endeavour to invite more persons to join in this Novena. Take the prayers in Section B “THE GREAT MARIAN NOVENA PRAYERS AND INSTRUCTIONS”
Meditation: Jeremiah 32:27