(Day 3 of 5-Day Mid-Year Fasting &Prayer)
Scripture Reading: Genesis 26:12-25
As we enter the third day of our 5-day Mid-Year fasting and prayer, God’s word remind you that your financial progress is not tied to the world economic and financial system. The Psalmist says, “The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.”(Psa. 37:18-19) Today we want you to stand on this Word, hold unto it, believe, work with it, pray it, and confess it; the God that opened the eyes of Haggai to see the well of water in the bush, can still show you legitimate opportunity in these difficult times to make wealth.
Isaac believed that Egypt would sustain and help him, but God directed his steps in a very different way. 1saac obeyed the Lord and stayed in the land while famine was all around him. Then the Bible says that “Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year a hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him” (Genesis 26:12). Imagine this remarkable picture of a man sowing amid the desolation, a stark and barren land. Sowing in the belief that God would provide a bountiful harvest in spite of the famine gripping his homeland. Most likely, his neighbors thought he was a madman to be sowing seed while the land was dry and dead. Yet he relied on the promise of God, who said, “I will be with thee, and I will bless thee.” It is only believers with faith for the miraculous that can harvest such miraculous supply. God is pouring His abundance into your hands, just as He did for Isaac (as well as for Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, the children of Israel, and Solomon). If you look at the circumstances of world affairs, it would seem like a good time to store up, hold back, and play it safe. Step out in FAITH AND WISDOM sow your seed, till the soil, utilize the opportunities around, and throw in your net for a catch. Bible teaches very specifically: “He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully” (2 Corinthians 9:6). Accordingly an emphasis is laid upon the time; it was the same year when there was a famine in the land; while others scarcely reaped at all, he reaped thus plentifully, through the divine blessing.
Another point to note is that “they made Isaac go out of their country. That wisdom which is from above, will teach us to give up our right, and to draw back from contentions. If we are wrongfully driven from one place, the Lord will make room for us in another.”
MASS: RED Gen 15:1-12.17-18; Ps 105:1-2.3-4.6-7.8-9 (R.8a); Accl. Jn 15:4a.5b; Mt 7:15-20 ST. IRENAEUS, Bp, (MEMORIAL) / Evening Acts 3:1-10; Ps 19:2-3.4-5 (R.5a); Gal 1:11-20; Accl. Jn 21:17d; Jn 21:15-19 SS PETER AND PAUL, APP. (SOLEMNITY)
- Take this song “Yahweh your name is Yahweh, you are the miracle working God…”
- Just as the famine in the days of Joseph elevated him, help me Lord to see the opportunity that the current global financial crises is creating for my prosperity in the name of Jesus
- I believe in miracles, I serve a God of miracles therefore; every chapter closed by men against me will be re-opened by God in my favour in the name of Jesus
- O Lord endow me with the required mental skill to interpret every opportunity that comes my way correctly and take maximum advantage of them in the name of Jesus.
- I receive total liberty from the embarrassing yoke of debt in the name of Jesus
- O God arise and show me mercy and favor in ministry, business, marriage, etc in the name of Jesus!
- My Father, give me favor with kings and great men of this world in the name of Jesus!
- In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I claim:- divine favor, abundant prosperity, divine wisdom, increased sales and expanded markets, new products ideas, new service delivery concepts, divine helpers and the release of finances.
- Take the prayer for Financial breakthrough/Employment in Section A
Exercise: Take the prayers in Section Two of AMEN IT IS DONE at midnight or any other convenient time (for 3 days).
Meditation: Genesis 39:21