(Day 9 of Nine days Pentecost fasting and prayer)
Scriptural Reading: Acts 10:38
As we round-off our nine days Pentecost fasting and prayer today, we pray that God would anoint us anew with the Holy Spirit and Power for holiness, miracles, signs and wonders in the name of Jesus-Amen. As we await and celebrate the Solemnity of Pentecost tomorrow, some of us may have already started experiencing the touch of the Pentecost fire, because the Holy Spirit blows wherever He wills. God’s anointing flows to those who are hungry for a touch from the Holy Spirit. We need the anointing like the Apostles of old, so that with dedication and the anointing we can with great power continue to testify to the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus. According to Luke 4:18-19, “The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the Gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” 1. The anointing is given to preach the Gospel to the poor 2. The anointing is given to heal and restore people 3. The anointing is given to proclaim freedom to the captives 4. The anointing is given to open blind eyes 5. The anointing is given to set people free 6. The anointing flows in God’s timing and proclaims God’s timing.
Child of God, do you desire help in your Christian life or vocation? I recommend the help of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ enjoyed His help tremendously and was able to fulfill His mission on earth successfully. The Holy Spirit is the administrator of God’s will on earth and so is the best authority to consult in all issues concerning your life. Our scriptural reference today says “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him” – Acts 10:38 (NKJV). Jesus didn’t operate independently of the Holy Spirit. His success in ministry is fully attributed to the work of the Spirit of God that was in Him. If Christ couldn’t do without Him, so also you can’t do without Him. No one can have a successful life or ministry without the Holy Spirit working in him or her. So sincerely let us say, Holy Spirit I need More of you in my life! More in my family! More in my school! More in my business! More in my thought life! More in my words! More in my ministry! More in my church in the name of Jesus
- Spend some time in worship God’s holy name.
- Father, give me the Spirit in abundance. We’re tired of playing church… being lukewarm… being petty… being bored and boring one another… release your Fire upon me Jesus name.
- Thank God for the purifying power of the fire of the Holy Ghost.
- Let the anointing of the Holy Ghost fall upon me and break every negative yoke in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of God consume every works of darkness in my life.
- I receive fresh fire and fresh anointing, in Jesus name.
- Let the spirit of God purify my intellect, will and emotions, in Jesus name.
- Let the spirit of God purify my soul, spirit and body in Jesus name.
- May I be empowered for service from this day forward in Jesus name.
- Thank You, Lord Jesus, for baptizing me in Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus name-Amen.”
Exercise: Observe quality time in prayer today for the rain of the Holy Spirit to fall on you and the Church (Anoint yourself with oil blessed by a Catholic Priest)
Memory Verse: Joel 2:28