SATURDAY DAY 9 (Day 4 of the Prayer/Fasting)
Scripture Reading: Lamentation 2:18 – 19
Verse 18 says, “The heart of the people cry out to the Lord, O wall of the Daughter of Zion let your tears flow like river day and night; give yourself no relief and your eyes no rest”.
Hear Psalm 74:20, “Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitation of cruelty” (KJV). St. Paul understood this reality so clearly and warned in his letter to the Ephesians 6:12, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”. When the dragon and his angels lost their position and place in heaven, he was hunted down – that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. When this happened the scripture says, “But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury because he knows that his time is short”. (Revelation 12:12b)
Beloved, since then, man on earth has ceased to have peace. Satan and his wicked angels declared war against the inhabitant of the earth. Satan is persistently filled with anger, fury, and hatred towards anyone who pays allegiance and obedience to God and His Son Jesus Christ. To such persons he declares war – very stiff wars. Do you realize that you are in the battlefield? Do you realize that your only shelter and saving grace is the Son of God – Jesus Christ? In fact, without Him Satan and his agents would have made mincemeat of you. Beloved, on this 4th day of the Prayer/Fasting program, “Arise, cry out in the night, as the watchers begin. Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to Him for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at the head of every street” (Vs. 19). Though these accusers are very wicked, but you will overcome them by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of your testimony.
Hear Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, which will not be destroyed”. So dear reader, though the enemy is pointing his fingers of wickedness at you and family, do not be shaken. Though your health is failing, things seem to be stagnant, or a strange girl is causing you nightmare in your marriage, the Holy Spirit says, arise, and pray. Pray not only in the morning or in the night, but at all times, because Satan and his demon agents run a very tight schedule. They do not see any need to sleep or slumber, because their targets must be achieved within the short time available to them. Cry and cry again and again to the Lord, not just for a time but repeatedly. In Matthew 26:44, “Jesus went back again repeating the same prayer the third time”. Jesus though God knew that the situation facing Him was red hot and needed to be tackled with all seriousness. Wake up beloved and cry to God. He will hear you.
- Take up a worship song in praise of the Lord.
- Thank God for today’s reflection.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, I paralyse all the evil caterers and I refuse to eat their food in my dream.
- Standing on your word in Ps. 107:39, I rebuke and cast out all spirit of affliction, sorrow, and anything trying to bring me low in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every power of darkness hunting my life and that of any member of my family, I ask you by the authority in the name of Jesus to remain ineffective.
- I divorce myself from any demon that would claim my life through any ancestral covenant in the name of Jesus.
- I bind and cast out any family demon following my life through the ancestral covenants in the name of Jesus.
- I DECLARE the following in the name of Jesus
- Lord, you are my refuge from my oppressors (Ps 9:9)
- According to Psa. 72:4, my oppressors shatter into pieces in the name of Jesus
- In the name of Jesus Christ I rebuke the voices of my oppressors.
- In the name of Jesus I execute judgment against my oppressors.
Exercise: Have you sown your seed of N1,050? Be sure you do so before the 28th of this month.
Memory verse: Isa 28:18