TUESDAY DAY 29
LIVING JOYFULLY EVERYDAY
Scripture Reading: Matthew 6:25 – 30
Someone said, “One great thief of our joy is unnecessary worry.” As a believer, there is nothing like necessary worry. Our Lord says that we should cast all our anxiety on Him, because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). We are not to cast some and then worry about the necessary ones. No! we are to cast all of them.
Can any good come out of worrying? Absolutely not! Worry is completely useless. Worry harms your health physically (it causes high blood pressure, insomnia, and a weak immune system), mentally (negativity, cynicism, anxiety, disorders, depression, insanity) and spiritually (by encouraging fear rather than faith in God). Worry also waste valuable time and energy that you can use for better activities. Also, do you know that worry is a sin? Yes, it is! If you trust in your worry more than you trust God you are sinning by your lack of faith in God, who has given us the richness of His constant abiding presence, for those who put their faith in Him. Let us take a look at what James 4:2 says, “You are jealous and covet (what other have) and your lust goes unfulfilled; so you murder. You are envious and cannot obtain (the object of your envy); so you fight and battle. You do not have because you do not ask (it is of God).” God refuses to answer the prayers of those who are selfishly ambitious, love pleasure, and desire honour, power or riches. All of us should take noe, for God will not listen to our prayers if we have hearts with selfish desires
Beloved in Christ, why don’t you ask God for what you have worried about. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act. (Psalm 37:5).
MASS: WHITE SS MICHAEL, GABRIEL & RAPHAEL, ARCHANGELS (FEAST) Dan 7:9-10.13-14 Or Rev
12:7-12a; Ps 138:1-2a.2bcd-3.4-5(R.1b); Accl Ps 103:21; Gosp Jn 1:47-51
- Thank you Father for showing me that worry is useless. Lord, when I feel crushed by my worries, lift my mind and help me to see the truth. Free my heart and help me to take things one step at a time.
- I come before You Lord to lay all my fears, panic and anxiety at your feet. I cast all of my cares and burdens upon You this day deliver me from sinking in the Name of Jesus Christ the Lord.
- Help me to trust that You are working every little detail of my life out and that I have nothing to worry about
- Lord, give me a heart of gratitude to appreciate what I have now and to be contented with my portion.
- Let us prayer with Thomas a Kempis, “Grant, O Lord, that your most holy will be the cause of all my actions and of the desires of my heart. May I do and bear only that which you will and as you want me to do. Give me the grace to renounce my will in all., and may it always be in conformity with yours. Amen.”
Exercise: Learn to overcome worry by handing over things that trouble you to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Meditation: Proverbs 3:5 -6