Scripture Read: Matthew 13: 31- 35
Welcome to today’s devotional. A seed is something we are all familiar with from our everyday human experience. Most plants around us are propagated by seed and hence we can understand the concept of the seed which our Lord Jesus Christ uses as an analogy to the Kingdom of Heaven very well.
At our baptism, we became children of God and the seed of God’s kingdom was sown in each of us. Just as a seed has great potentials but requires nutrition and the right environment to germinate and grow, so too is does the seed planted in us. The seed of faith planted within us at baptism has great potentials – to help us live to glorify God and to be with Him in Heaven ultimately.
Let us nourish the seed of faith within us through the Sacraments especially by frequenting the Holy Eucharist which is our food for the journey of faith and the Sacrament of reconciliation. Let us find direction, courage, example and instruction in the Word of God through daily meditation and let us find strength in prayer.
Every seed has the potential for numerous fruits with millions of new seeds. As we journey in our faith let us share the joy of the Gospel of Christ with those who surround us so that more seeds of faith will germinate through us. Only then would the potentials of the seed sown in you and I truly come alive.
MASS: GREEN/WHITE THE MOST HOLY NAME OF MARY(Opt MEM) 1 Cor 10:14-22; Ps 116:12-13.17-18(R.17a); Accl Jn 14:23; Gospel Lk 6:43-49
- Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my faith. Please help me to nourish this seed and bear fruit in plenty. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, You have said: “Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the Kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven (Matt. 7:21). Therefore, Lord give me a true Christian mind and heart, so that I may lead a true Christian life in the Name of Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.
- Holy Father grant me the grace to be detached from all things and to seek only You in all I do, say or think.
- Most Holy God, in the power of your Spirit, grant me a truly converted heart because you alone know how to speak to my heart and convert it.
- Help me Most Holy Father, that I may, like your Saints be worthy of your love now and for all eternity. Amen.
Exercise: Take some time convenient to you today and pray for the salvation of all Users of DSD.