Day 6 of the Fasting and Prayer Programme
Scripture Reading: Romans 12:6
FAITH. Rom. 12:3, 6; Acts 6:5-8; Gal. 3:5; James 1:5-8. Brethren, there is a direct link between your measure of faith and the operations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The operations of the Holy Spirit are in accordance with our faith. Faith is the platform to operate in the spiritual realm. Every activity that increases your faith also increases your chances of operating spiritual gifts.
FAITHFULNESS. Num.12:6-8; Matt. 25: 21,29. A principle of increase is Faithfulness. He who is faithful over little things, much more things shall be put in his care. If you have been tested, then you can be trusted. If you can be trusted, then you can be used. If you can be used, there is nothing that can’t be given to you.
There is nothing from heaven to man that is immeasurable. Every gift that comes from heaven comes with a measure, because man is mortal. God won’t give you more than you can contain. The gifts of God thrive under the principle of stewardship. They increase when you play according to the rules. Faithfulness expands heavenly access.
WALKING IN LOVE. 1 Cor. 12:31; 1 Cor. 14:1; Romans 5:5. Love is the overarching principle of God’s gifts. There is no gift of God that is meant for the intimidation of others, instead it is meant for the edification of others. If you walk in love, if love is
your purpose and pursuit, you will never miss God. Instead, you will see Him. God’s gifts in your life will thrive if they connect LOVE FOR GOD, and LOVE FOR OTHERS. Paul describes love as the “MORE EXCELLENT WAY”. Every other gift makes no meaning without it (1 Cor. 13:1-2). St. Paul says that God’s love is not only a fruit of the Spirit, it is as well a gift of the Spirit. Really, it is the greatest gift the Holy Spirit wants to give anyone. (Rom. 5:5).
Acts 20:28-38; Ps 68:33-35a.35b.36b(R.33a); Accl Jn 17:17b.a; Gosp Jn 17:11b-19 WEEKDAY OF EASTER
1. Spend 10 minutes in worship songs.
2. Ask for the grace to nurture your spiritual gifts.
3. Pray against spiritual lukewarmness, unbelief, doubt, unforgiveness, intimidation and attacks of the enemy that will hinder us from worshiping God the way He demands of us.
4. Pray against any uprising of the enemy against DSD, and against the leaders and members of the DSD family.
5. Pray for spiritual revival and divine harvest in the area of evangelization.
6. Take the prayer “Spirit of the Living God” in “Amen: It is Done” (pg. 22).
7. Pray as the spirit directs you.
Exercise: Take the “Pentecost Prayer for Clergies” in DSD. Plan to be part of the National Pentecost Camping taking place from the 18th to 20th at St. Theresa Catholic Church, Ganaja, Lokoja.
Meditation: 1 Corinthians 14:12.