VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
THEME: ABUNDANT LIFE IN CHRIST JESUS
Once again all users/members of Daily Strength Devotional Family all over the world will be embarking on our annual 21 days fasting and prayer programme to entrust the year 2018 into God’s hand. In order to have a spirit-filled and fruitful fasting period, the following points should be noted:
- The Fasting commences on the 2nd of January, 2018
- As in the tradition of the church, we are not to fast on Sundays (being 7th, 14th & 21st), fasting resumes on Mondays. So, fasting is from Mondays to Saturdays.
- The Fasting ends on the 25th of January, 2018
- The expected duration of the fasting is 6.00am to 6.00pm, however individuals are free to break at their convenience. Fast according to your strength
- Participants of the 21-day fast are encouraged to gather as Daily Strength Devotional Family in their parish every evening at 4.30pm or any other convenient time to round-off their daily fast
- We are highly encouraged to carry out our Sundays exercises as it regards alms giving/visitation to the less privilege as specified in various Sundays (being 7th, 14th & 21st)
- We are to observe DSD family thanksgiving to thank God for the blessing and grace received during the 21 days fasting and prayer programme on Sunday 28th of January, 2018 as a group in our individual parishes.
ACTIVITIES DURING THE FASTING PERIOD
- Daily Meditation: You are required to study and meditate on daily basis the reflections for each day. Take seriously the prayer points, the Exercises and Meditation. As you go through the reflections endeavour to place yourself in a state of complete dependence on Christ Jesus
- Group Round-Off As DAILY STRENGTH DEVOTIONAL FAMILY IN YOUR PARISH /AREA : In order to explore the power of a prayer of Agreement, we encourage all participant within a parish to together as Daily Strength Devotional Family daily during the fasting period to round-off their daily fasting at 4:30pm or any other convenient time.
Days of meeting: Only during the Fasting period and Novena
Format of Meeting:
- Opening prayer- with the sign of the Cross, one Our Father…, Hail Mary…, Glory Be… and Spontaneous prayer -5 minutes
- Praise and Worship -15 minutes
- Rosary of Liberation-15 minutes
- Reading of the scripture passage and reflection of the day from DSD 10 minutes
- Silence for individual meditation (What is the Holy Spirit saying to me through today’s reflection) -15 minutes
- A short exhortation from the DSD reflection by the moderator-5 minutes
- Group sharing (contribution from members)-10 minutes
- Discussion on the execution of the next charity project (when, where and how)-10 minutes
- Intercessory prayers from the day’s reflection and as the Spirit lays in your heart-10-20 minutes
- Know your brothers & Sisters? (introduction)-5 minutes
- Concluding Prayers: Prayer of St. John Paul II for vocation, Prayer to St, Michael the Archangel, “Stay with me Lord” by St. Pio& We fly to thy protection (All from DSD Section A)-5 minutes
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please endeavour to inform your parish Priest about the activities of Daily Strength Devotional Family in your Parish during this 21-day Fasting
For more inquiry call Daily Strength Head office 07038447934 or 08112816095
Our 21 days fasting and prayer programme has both cooperate and personal dimensions. Its personal dimension involves having a covenanted quiet time with God. So each participant should observed at least 30 minutes of quiet time daily most preferably before the Blessed Sacrament or privately. During this covenanted quiet time, you are to study the scripture passage of the day, meditate on it and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you through it. Then use the message of the day to pray, let your prayer points and requests be inspired by the word of God
SOWING A SEED OFFERING IN FAITH
Beloved in Christ, sowing seed is an action of faith and in line with the spirit of almsgiving which is an integral part of our annual 21 Days fasting and prayer programme. Everything in life starts as a seed — a relationship, a marriage, a business, a church. And nothing happens until the seed is planted. Why does God require us to sow a seed? Because sowing is an act of faith. Jesus described this principle of sowing and reaping when He was trying to explain why He came to Earth to die on the Cross. In John 12:24 Jesus said, “Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds” (NIV). The first seed Jesus expects from us during and beyond these 21 Days fasting and prayer program is the total self-giving of ourselves. Fundamentally connected to our total self-giving, is the giving of our resources for the spread of God’s word and charity.
Daily Strength Devotional Family usually are highly encouraged to sowing a seed offering of N1050, however, the Holy Spirit has brought to our consciousness God’s Word in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 which says “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” As a result, as we give ourselves totally to Jesus, we are to sow a seed of faith bountifully ranging from N1050 and to a maximum of whatever you know is befitting to the Lord according to your resources and divine promptings. In the spirit of sacrifice and almsgiving, DSD calls on all users to sacrifice at least N50 daily from the food we are giving up in the Spiritual exercise of fasting, which will amount to the minimum of N1050 for the 21 Days. Jesus makes it obvious to us in Luke 21:1-4 that He is most pleased with those who had to sacrifice to give in faith. What is your “mite?” Are you sowing sacrificially from your resources?
Brethren, the moment we ask God for something—the moment we do our part—we should believe God for a bountiful harvest of joy and miracles. We must first plant a Seed of faith so that God can multiply it back to meet our needs according to His riches in glory and will. So, give God something to work with today, at least a minimum of N1050. No matter how little you think you have, sow it in joy and faith, knowing you are sowing Seeds in God’s garden. May God Bless the seed of your life and the resource you sow in faith during these 21 Days so that you will reap abundant life in Christ Jesus-Amen.
SOW YOUR SEED OFFERING IN FAITH:
IN FAVOUR OF DAILY STRENGTH DEVOTIONAL @ any branch of:
- GT Bank: Naira N: 0239190296
USD $: 0239190306
- First Bank Plc: A/C No. 2018152542
- United Bank for Africa (UBA): A/C No. 1017643323
- Eco Bank Plc: A/C No. 0223002141
With every part of our being let us groan in prayer, devote our minds and spirits to God’s will, offering ourselves with total dedication to God during this period. Let us seek holiness of life and glorifying God as we go about our daily businesses. Above all our desires, let us desire to be saints from this period till the end of our lives for the Scripture says in Matthew 6:33 “seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
As we seek the reign of God in our hearts, families and societies and to draw closer to God during this 21 days fasting and prayer programme, may we live to enjoy the Abundant LIFE given by Jesus this 2018.
- We declare and prophesy that, the Shepherd of Israel, the One who led Joseph like a flock, shall lead us, and shall be enthroned over our lives, marriages, homes, businesses, career, ministries, and shall shine forth His glory, in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalms 81:1)
- In 2018 Jesus shall feed us, as our Shepherd, we shall enjoy the comfort of His arm, and the affection of His bosom, and the gentleness of His leading, in the name of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 40:10-11)
- In 2018, the Lord shall occupy His place in our lives, marriages, families, businesses, ministries, and career, as our Shepherd, and we shall flourish and blossom with abundance, and be refreshed with His wonderful provision, in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalms 23:1-2)
- In 2018 the Lord our Shepherd, shall open to us, doors of opportunities, and shall bring us, before men and women that matter to the fulfilment of our destinies, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 10:9, 1 Samuel 16:22-23)
- In 2018 our lives shall be living epistles of His Love, Mercy and Power in the name of Jesus, Amen.