(Day 17 of the Fasting and Prayer Programme)
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 46:8 – 11
Verse 10 of our scripture reference today says, “…. My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.” Only God’s counsel will stand. Only God’s thoughts, plans and desires concerning you shall come to pass. The plans of the wicked shall not come to pass in your life. Their evil counsel and desires concerning you and your family shall be aborted and nullified by the power of His sovereignty. For He says, “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.” (Isa. 49:15) He has engraved upon the palms of His hands our names and our pains, and our worries are continually before Him. (Isa. 49:16) No wonder the Lord assures us in today’s scriptures and always thus, “Even the captives of the might shall be taken away and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contends with you and I will save your children.” What a holy and compassionate God we serve? Listen to this : “The Lord shall feed all that contend with us with their blood to drink and flesh to eat. He says, ‘I am the Lord, Saviour and Redeemer, the mighty one of Jacob’.” He is the Alpha and Omega and so no power in hell or on earth or beneath the earth can stop His plans for us. Recall beloved, that the very moment you opted for Christ and His kingdom, God the Father enters into an everlasting covenant with you. This covenant ensures that whatever is good comes to you. The counsel of God concerning your health, breakthrough, business, fruitfulness in every aspect of life must come to pass. Satan is already a defeated foe, and has no capacity to stop God’s plans for you and your household. However, two things can impede the manifestation of the counsel of God: sin and unbelief.
MASS: WHITE 1 Phil. 2:1-11; Ps. Is. 12:2-3.4bcde.5-6 (R.1de); Accl. 2 Cor. 5:19; Mt. 13:31, 44-45; BLESSED CYPRIAN M. I. TANSI (FEAST)
1. Take this worship song: “Confidence in the Lord, I have everlasting confidence, Confidence in the Lord, I have everlasting confidence.”
2. O’ Lord, in Your mercy, forgive me the many times I doubted Your ability to help me.
3. Father, it is true that many Christians do not understand who You are: I beseech You dear Father, reveal Yourself to them, in Jesus name.
4. In the name of Jesus, I come against every evil plot against me from the kingdom of darkness.
5. All satanic networks arranged against me to stop the manifestation of the counsel of God in my life, I rebuke you. Be nullified, in Jesus name.
6. By the Blood of Jesus, I nullify every evil word or proclamation or decree against me. They will not stand. Only the counsel of God shall stand, in Jesus name.
Exercise: Pray the 2018 seed-sowing declaration and prayers on page 31 seriously.
Meditation: Proverbs 19:21.