Scripture Reading: Joshua 10:1 – 15
The Gibeonites had given themselves over to the God of Israel. As a result, Adonizedek king of Jerusalem sent Hoham king of Hebron and to Piram king of Jarmath and to Japhin king of Lachish and to Debir king of Eglon, saying, “Come up and help me so that we may smite Gibeon for it has made peace with Joshua and with the children of Israel.” (Joshua 10:3 – 4). Beloved in Christ, this is exactly what happens to as many as declare sincerely for Christ. As soon as this happens, Satan rakes up enemies; and you find former friends and allies coming together as enemies. Immediately, Satan fills their heart with the spirit of hatred, envy and wickedness; and in no time they start planning evil against their former friend. The simple reason is that while you have accepted to walk into the light that Christ provides, they prefer to remain in the darkness of Satan. Hear this, “Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me. Whoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold I have created the smith who blows the coals in the fire, and who brings forth an instrument for his work. And I have created the destroyer to destroy.” (Isa. 54:15 – 16). Friend in Christ, hear the Lord once again, “But no weapon will be able to hurt you; you will have an answer for all who accuse you. I will defend my servants and give them victory.” (Isa 54:17).
Beloved in Christ, how often have they gathered against you, possibly spoken falsehood against you? How often have they threatened to destroy you or promised to destroy what belongs to you? How many times have they threatened to take away what rightly belongs to you? Hear what the Lord told Joshua (put your name), “Do not fear them, for I have delivered them into your hands. Not one of them will stand before you.” (Verse 8). What did the Lord do? “And the Lord confused them (enemies) before Israel. And they slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon and chased them along the way that goes up to Beth Horon and smote them as far as Azehah and Makkedah.” As they fled from before Israel, the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them . . . and they died. Infact, there were more that died of the hailstones than those slain by the swords of the Israelites. What a caring, powerful God we serve?! Today, the Holy Spirit says to all Users of Daily Strength, “Do not be afraid of men or women who gather to fight you; for the Lord will fight for you. He will not only confuse them, but rain hailstones upon their foreheads and they shall die. So, as many as have agree together to exterminate you and your family, for no justifiable reason, shall be destroyed by your God. The Lord assures you thus: “And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh and they shall be drunk with their own blood . . .” (Isa. 49:26). Do not fear them, just look unto God and like Joshua, go to the LORD.
- Take some worship songs for at least 15 minutes. Ensure that your environment is charged with God’s presence.
- In Joshua 10:9, Joshua came up to you O’ Lord to present his case file before you. Today, I . . . (name) present my case file to you (mention to the Lord all that you have been going through)
- Now, take these prayer points very seriously:
- Lord set confusion into the minds of all who are fighting me
- O’ Lord, release your angels of war against them night and day
- Let the sun, moon and stars and the dust of the earth revolt against them
- Let their streams of water be dried forever in Jesus name.
- O Lord release hailstones upon them that war against me, for I have not done any harm to them.
- Take the prayer of the Blood of Jesus in the Daily Strength Devotional
Exercise: Take the Rosary of Liberation twice today.
Memory Verse: Joshua 1:9