Scripture Reading: Psalm 27: 1-14
Let us start today’s reflection with this lamentation from a member of the Daily Strength Family. “….. My heart is heavy. God’s word says, ‘His blessings add no sorrow! I have been crying to God for the fruit of the womb for 12 years now. I feel like running away, abandon my marriage or steal a child. Everywhere I go, I see pregnant women. Can’t I carry baby in my womb? Are children not for everybody? Please beg God to be sorry for me ….” This obviously is heart rending and capable of drawing sympathy. Beloved, it may sound as if God is not aware of the travail of this daughter of Zion or that He has given up on her. Dear friend, this is far from it because it is not the nature of God to do so. The God we serve is love and immeasurably compassionate. No wonder His words say, “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait I say, on the Lord.” (Verse 14). Beloved, trusting in God and being confident in His love and goodness are indispensable for persevering in faith. As believers, we may be severely tied; yet nothing can bring us to despair as long as we keep our eyes on God in faith and hope. (Heb. 12:2).
Over forty times in the Holy Bible, we were commanded to ‘wait on the LORD’. Learning to wait on the LORD is a test of maturity. R.H Benson says, “Sometimes, great difficulties are permitted only in-order to strengthen character.”Alexander Maclaren affirms thus: “If God sends us on stony paths, He will provide us with strong shoes.” Waiting for any length of time for blessings from God, simply shows us that we are not in control or in charge of our affairs; but God is. No wonder the Psalmist says, “Why are you downcast, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I will still praise Him for the help of His countenance.”(Psalm 42:5). Dear friend, God will take care of you for He is not unawares or unmindful of your situation. Whatever the challenges, the Holy Spirit admonishes us today with these words from Prophet Isaiah, “Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, ‘My way is hidden from the Lord and the Justice due to me escapes the notice of my God? Have you not known? Have you not heard that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint nor is He weary? There is no searching of His understanding.” (Isa. 40:27-28).
Beloved, God is waiting and at His own appointed time, He will visit you. In 1 Samuel 1, Hannah made a heartfelt supplication to God for a child after many years of waiting and mockery from Peninnah. There may be so many Peninnah around you, do not be discouraged. Simply go to God as Hannah did and God countenance shall shine upon you.
- Thank God for Today’s reflection.
- Whatever is happening to you now, the LORD IS AWARE, and in faith take this prayer seriously:
- “Almighty LORD, look at me, your servant! See my trouble and remember me! Don’t forget me! If you give me… (mention your intention(s)) I promise that I will do … for the growth and expansion of your kingdom down here on earth”. (Please believe that whatever you ask for today is granted).
- Thank God for all seeking the fruit of the womb and pray for God’s visitation before the end of this year.
- Pray for all seeking life partners.
- In faith make the following decrees:
- By the authority in the name of the Resurrected Christ, I command all cancers, HIV viruses to receive the fire of the Holy Spirit and dry up in the name of Jesus.
- Thank God for answered prayers.
Exercise: Take the prayer “THE BLOOD OF JESUS: WEAPON FOR DEMONIC DESTRUCTION, today.
Memory verse: Psalm 27:4