Scripture Reading: Job 22:29
Our scriptural reference today says, “When men are cast down, they shall say, there is a lifting up; He shall save the humble person.” In Psalm 22: 1-2, the Scripture says, “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? I have cried desperately for help, but still it does not come. During the day, I call to you, my God, but you did not answer. I call at night, but got no rest.” This lamentation of the Psalmist is similar to what goes on in the lives of many Christians. However, inspite of this condition the Psalmist acknowledged the greatness of God when he said, “But you are enthroned as the Holy One, the one whom Israel praises. Our ancestors put their trust in you; they trusted you and you saved them.” (Psalm 22:3-4) Beloved in Christ, even though you are facing serious life challenges today be encouraged in the word of God that says, “… there is a lifting up.” Why would there be a lifting up for you? It is because you are a friend of the Father, in His Son, Jesus Christ. Hear the Psalmist, “The righteous will rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; all the upright in heart will glory in him.” (Psa. 64:10). Dear friend, the Scripture says, “The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like the cedars of Lebanon.” (Psa. 92:12).
No wonder the light of God shines continuously on the righteous and there is unceasing joy in the heart of the upright (Psa. 97:11). The wicked has no share in God’s inheritance through Christ Jesus unless he or she repents. The Psalmist says this of the wicked: “Not so are the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgement or sinners in the assembly of the righteous.” (Psalm 1:4-5) “Even as the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.” (Psa. 1:6)
Beloved, today the Holy Spirit says to you: rejoice that you are God’s own through His Son Jesus Christ. Never allow yourself to fall into the state of despair, because there is a “lifting up” for you. When the wicked and the ungodly are cast down, believers, depending on their Father’s providence and mercy shall be able to say, “There is a lifting up.” We shall continue tomorrow.
- Take this declaration meditatively: “I will trust in the covering of Your wings and in the shadow of Your wings I will trust. Be my defense and refuge in times of trouble. I will sing of Your strength, my joy, and peace. My confidence is in You, O Lord.”
- According to Your word in Job 40:9, “No one has an arm like You, Lord, full of power and might; stretch out your arm and deliver me, and rid me of all bondages in the name of Jesus Christ.
- According to Your word in Exodus 15:16, let fear and dread fall upon my foes, by the weight of your arms and greatness of your power until I pass over in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I confidently present to you, Holy God all my anxieties, fears, and sorrows. My ill health and family I surrender to you because your word has assured me of a “lifting up” in Jesus name.
- Thank God for answered prayers.
Exercise: Anoint yourself with blessed oil and declare 21 times “There is lifting up for me.”
Memory Verse: Ephesians 6:10.