Scripture Reading: Daniel 6:1-28
Verse 21 of our scriptural reference says, “May Your Majesty live forever! God sent His angels to shut the months of the lions so that they would not hurt me. He did this because he knows that I was innocent and because I have not wronged you, Your Majesty.” While Daniel was being lifted out of the lion’s den, his conspirators and their wives and children were lifted down into the pit filled with lions. Before they reached to the bottom of the pit, the lions pounced on them and broke all their bones (Verse 24b). This is what happens in life. When men plan evil against you or conspire to deny you your right, turn to God and He will deliver you. He will fight for you and put the evil conspirators to shame.
No wonder the Psalmist says, “Listen to their (insults) threats. Their tongues are like swords in their mouths, yet they think that no one hears them. But You laugh at them Lord; You mock all the heathen. I have confidence in Your strength; You are my refuge, O God … He will let me see my enemies defeated.” (Psa. 59:7-10). Dear friend, the only condition upon which Satan and his agents can attack you at will is “unrighteousness”. The plan of God for you, today and always is that while your foes are bowing down in shame, you are making the heavenly declaration that “there is a lifting up or I know that my Redeemer liveth”. What a glorious and divine assurance for all lovers of Christ!
Hear this: when flood came the ungodly world bowed down by fear, but Noah could say, “There is a lifting up.” Instead of Noah and his family harbouring thoughts of despair, they clinged to the promise of God who is able to save the humble and the upright of heart. So as the ark began to float on top of the waters, Noah’s mind was perfectly certain that God would take care of them. Also, when Sodom and Gomorrah were experiencing torrents of brimstone and fire, coming from the anger of God, the wicked were in dismay and sorrow and consequently died in the inferno, but Lot as he escaped out of the city with his family, could feel that there was for him and his family a “lifting up”. God saved them out of the midst of the destruction because they were righteous. In all these, the Holy Spirit teaches us today first, to crave at all times for righteousness of heart. Second, to learn to trust in God; not minding what may be happening to you at any point in time. Always have the conviction that there will be a “lifting up” for you. Ensure that you confess it and believe it. Learn to declare positively on your situation believing that no matter what the enemy may be doing now, there will be a “lifting up”. This means that God will surely intervene because you belong to Him through Christ our Lord.
- Take this declaration seriously, “The Lord lives! Praise be my Rock! I exalt God my Saviour! You are my God who avenges for me, who subdues nations under me, and saves me from my foes.” Thank you Lord.
- According to your word in Isaiah 1:19, grant me, O Lord the willingness to be obedient so that I can eat the good of the land in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, let me like Christ be a son who learns obedience by the experiences of life according to Your word in Hebrews 5:8.
- Everlasting Father, do not allow me to be like the nations You destroyed due to their disobedience and misdeeds in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Like Philemon, in Philemon 21, I pray that You O Lord shall have confidence in my obedience, knowing that by Your grace I will even do more than You say in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the Daily Strength team for obedience and uprightness of heart.
- Pray for all Daily Strength distributors and financial partners for God’s intervention in their lives.
Exercise: Pray for your Parish Priest(s) or Pastor.
Memory Verse: Isaiah 1:19.