Scripture Reading: Luke 3:15-16, 21-22; Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-1
Today, the Mother church presents to us the events of the baptism of our Lord. The baptism of the Lord opens to us a deeper dimension of God’s love and faithfulness. The Lord Jesus had no need of baptism, John himself admitted this. However as a high priest, who wants to be like us in everything except in sin, submitted himself to the ministry of his own creature. Baptism makes us the children of God. It pulls us out of everything that separates us from God and makes us the beloved sons and daughters of God. Man lost his original intimacy with God, but when Jesus presented man in his body to his father, the scripture recorded that heaven was opened and a voice spoke from heaven, “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” Beloved, at your baptism you were made clean and pure, and the heart of God moved with love for you.
Today, therefore, the church calls us to examine our lives. Is the pure garment you received on that day of your baptism, still pure or stained? For how long have you stopped taking the body and blood of Jesus? How long do you want to be live in this state? How long will you keep denying God the love he deserves from you, due of sin? The Holy Spirit wants you to draw strength through today’s reflection for a new beginning. Turn to Jesus today and he will rescue you!
- Thank God for the grace to know him; there are people who have never heard the gospel massage.
- Pray that you will receive grace to overcome; everything that gets in your way of living, in the standard of heaven.
- Pray for all those that have not received the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for the first time to receive a divine hunger in them for the gospel.
- Pray the Lord of the harvest to send labourers to the parts of world where the gospel has not been preached for the first time.
- Pray for all those who are persecuted for their faith in the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray for all who are for the reason of mortal sin are not approaching the table of the Lord.
- Prayer for Holiness: Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love only what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me so, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. Amen
Exercise: If you are not in any society or group in your parish, pray the Holy Spirit to lead you to join one this week.
Memory Verse: Hebrews 9:24