SUNDAY DAY 24
Scripture Reading: 1Cor 12:12-30
In a few days time we shall be coming to the end of our 21 days fasting/prayers. You would agree with me that it has being great seeking the face of the Lord. May the LORD God Almighty whom you have committed all into his hands bless you more than you have imagined in the Mighty name of Jesus, Amen. Today being the third Sunday of the year and the memorial of Saint Francis De Sales, who through his example of service in the Lord’s vineyard showed, that indeed, we are gifts to one another. Born in France in 1567, Francis was a patient man. He knew for thirteen years that he had a vocation to the priesthood. He was overworked and often ill because of his constant load of preaching, visiting, and instruction — even catechizing a deaf man so he could take first Communion. The mother church draws our attention to the word of God as recorded in our scriptural text, in 1 Cor 12:24b-27, “But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” (NIV)
Our diversity is a blessing from God and not meant to be a tool for division among us. Whether we are black or white, no matter the language we speak, we are one people bound together in one God the creator of all. So let us use the time, we have left, to serve one another as God wills. For when we do, there will be a time of great reward which will overshadow whatever pain we go through as we serve others.
- Father thank you for making me a gift to my generation.
- Pray for strength to complete the 21 days fasting programme.
- Pray for those who stopped half-way and those who didn’t take part in the fasting that God will equally bless and favour them.
- Pray that the fruit of the 21day fasting would be seen in the life of all Daily Strength users, in their spiritual life, marriage, business, job and in the life of their loved ones as they journey through this year 2016.
- Pray that the angels of God will give us security during the round off programme at our two venues –Lagos: National Stadium and CCRN, Camp ground, Aghalokpe, near Warri.
Exercise: Remember to sow your seed of N 1050:00 before the 28th of January 2016.