(Day 3 of the 21-doy Posting and Prayers)
Scriptural Reading: 2 Chronicles 7:14
Welcome to the 3rd day of our 21-day fasting and prayer.
One of the clearest elements of biblical invitations to salvation is the demand for repentance. Forgiveness and repentance go hand-in-hand in a Christian’s life. If there is repentance, there will be forgiveness, but there is no repentance without humility. Our scriptural reading captures what it means to repent thus: “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sins and will heal their land.” In Psalms 35:13 David declared “… humbled myself with fasting…” Dear friends, fasting helps us to humble ourselves before God. As we have humbled ourselves with fasting, let us be assured that God will forgive us our sins. Yesterday we repented and asked for mercy. Today the Holy Spirit assures you that your sins are forgiven. God’s fling to forgive us. In the parable of the Prodigal Son, you will that the father did not allow his son to finish the little repentance plea/speech he had before the father embraced him. God is more willing to forgive than for us to receive the forgiveness. No matter your sin(s) as far as you have sincerely repented of them and ask for mercy as directed in yesterday’s reflection, God has forgiven you. The Holy Spirit prompts us to emphasize this because there are some persons who are doubting if God could forgive them, so easily. You have to believe God and forgive yourself. For God has forgiven you. Some persons have refused to forgive themselves of some sins they committed in the past. Two things we must do today having repented and asked for mercy from God are, we must forgive ourselves and forgive others who have offended us. The ball is now in your court, God has forgiven, but if we refuse to forgive others, we are simply saying we do not need God’s forgiveness.
Child of God, according to Matthew 6:14, “For if ye forgive men their trespasses, then your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” Make sure you forgive and let go of all bitterness.. This is necessary at this time for your fasting to get dramatic positive results. Listen to me, no matter how much you fast and pray, if you are bitter and you would not forgive those that have hurt you, your prayers may be hindered. Your goal here is to get your heaven opened, so mention all those you hate, loathe and dislike one by one before God and forgive them before you embark on this journey. You should do this cleansing daily. Your heaven will surely open. Married couples should settle all issues with their spouses and forgive. Singles in courtship should repent from all forms of impurity. Forgiveness frees us from past wrongs and gives us hope for a better future. Confess and renounce all your sins. Purge yourself with the Blood of Jesus. Ask for the Fire of the Holy Spirit to come upon you to destroy the stronghold of sin in your life and forgive all those who offended you.
- Take the “Prayer of Daily Consecration” in section A.
- Forgive our sins Lord, as we forgive those who trespass against us in the name of Jesus.
- Lord if we have abandoned Your will for our lives, have mercy on us and forgive us in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus I ask for forgive for family .the church, the nation, forgive us our sins in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, purge and sanitize my household by the Blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus!
- Come into my life and take control of my life in the name of Jesus.
- I reject any form of spiritual laziness during this 21 -day fasting ana prayer in the name of Jesus!
- Lord, deliver me from spiritual ignorance in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, release Your anointing of prayer upon my life in die name of Jesus!
- In the name of Jesus, I escape from principalities of failure, frustrations, poverty, substance abuse, alcohol, sexual perversions, anger, bitterness, evil thoughts, low self-esteem, envy and jealousy.
- Lord, let there be restoration of lost time, opportunities, health, blessings, prosperity, favour and spiritual infilling according to Your will and purpose for my life this year 2017 in the name of Jesus.
- Lord let the earth reject every evil instructions against me and my family in the name of Jesus.
- Lord I scatter every evil unity against my life, in the name of Jesus!
- I cut off envy, strife, confusion and evil from my family by the Holy Ghost Fire, in the name of Jesus!
- I speak health, wisdom, creativity, divine connections and supernatural opportunities into my life in this year 2017 in the name or Jesus.
Exercise: Forgive and reconcile with those you are yet to forgive and take the “Rosary of Liberation”