(Day 4 of the 5- Day Fasting & Prayers)
Scripture Reading:Luke 1:28-30
Life without divine favour will result in a person working like an elephant and eating like an ant.
Before we move into prayers, let us examine what favour did for Mary and what it can do for you too. Favour made what no one had ever been given before nor after to be given to her. Favour gave her what she did not pray for. Favour gave her what she did not expect. Favour made her stand out among her equals, “…. blessed art thou among women”. Favour brought her into an historic worldwide recognition. Favour turned her name into a household name worldwide. Favour wrote her name in salvation record. Favour added “blessed” to her name. She herself said, “from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed”
Brethren, favour can make you accepted in the face of rejection. It can qualify you for special honours. Favour can grow and diminish. When there is no favour, it is possible for life’s effort to be poorly rewarded. May you be God’s chosen for divine favour this season in Jesus name. Amen. When the favour of God is upon a man, he will be secured and protected against all oppositions and anti-favour moves of men. When you are favoured, your labour will be yielding fruits, your business will be fruitful, your academic will be fruitful, your marriage will be fruitful, your career will be fruitful, your calling will be fruitful. The Psalmist says, “For you bless the righteous O LORD; you cover them with favour as with a shield” (Psa. 5:12).
Beloved, it is God’s favour that makes the righteous work and receive commensurate reward for his efforts. The plan of Satan is that he works so hard but earn little for it. No wonder the Scripture says, “The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.”(Psa.29:5, 30:5b)
MASS: RED Rom. 10:9-18;Ps 19:2-3.4-5 (R.5a); AcclMatt 4:19; Matt 4:18-22 ST. ANDREW, AP. (FEAST)
1. Father, the enemies of my life have caused me to labour so much with little or no reward for my effort. Holy and all powerful Father, I beseech you today to arise and destroy their powers over my life in Jesus name
2. Lord, as a messenger of favour visited Mary, let a message and a messenger of favour be sent my way today, in Jesus’ name.
3. Father let the messenger of favour knock at my office door.
4. Father, let the messenger of favour knock at my business door.
5. Father, let the messenger of mercy knock at my school door.
6. My Father, as your favour gave Mary what she did not pray for, let it be same for me in Jesus name.
Exercise: Take the prayer in section two of Amen: It Is Done at midnight or any convenient time.
Meditation: Psalm 30:1